“Talisma has been a trusted technology partner for us. It is user friendly and easy to adapt to changes in the environment”
Head- CHILDLINE Contact Centre
In 1996, CHILDLINE India Foundation (CIF) launched CHILDLINE, the country’s first toll-free helpline for street children in distress. CIF is the nodal agency of the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development. It is the parent organization for setting up, managing and monitoring the CHILDLINE 1098 service all over the country.
CHILDLINE 1098 service is a 24-hour free emergency phone outreach service for children in need of care and protection. CIF undertakes replication of CHILDLINE. It also takes care of networking and facilitation, training, research, documentation, communications and strategic initiatives at the national and international level.
CIF was looking for a robust solution to empower its CHILDLINE Contact Centre (CCC) teams. These contact centers are spread across India and aim to provide timely help to the children in need of care and protection . CIF wanted to effectively handle enormous volume of incoming calls to 1098. Prior to CCC, collating information, drawing out reports to provide visibility to the management at the micro and macro level was time consuming.
Talisma Digital Engagement Platform (DEP) is being used currently by 300 + users at CCC, across India. CHILDLINE receives over 1 million calls on a monthly basis. The data entered in the Talisma system is used to draw out various reports. After considering various solutions, CIF zeroed in on Talisma Digital Engagement Platform as a perfect fit for its diverse needs.
Talisma Solution was evaluated by CIF against the best of the breed products on many parameters including, but not limited to:
- Credibility of the organization
- Maturity of the product
- Richness of features and functionality
- Solution fitment to the existing and future business needs
- Flexibility and Scalability of the solution
- Ease of usage and maintenance
- Recommendation of their Technology Partner
CIF chose Talisma Digital Engagement Platform because of these reasons:
- Talisma’ s extensive experience in implementing robust and scalable
- Solutions capability to enable organizations handle large volume of interactions across multiple-touch points
- Talisma solution offers better accountability and shorter deployment cycle
- Ability to seamlessly integrate with CIF’s tech ecosystem, comprising of third party telephony infrastructure. Scalability and configurability of the solution to handle huge call volumes
Most ‘valuable’ features as identified by CIF
- Ability to configure comprehensive forms to capture information depending on changing business requirements
- Sophisticated caller identification and notification screen pops
- Dedicate intuitive user interface for ease of handling calls
- Dynamic multilingual call scripts for consistent and accurate messaging
- Ease of usage leading to faster user adoption
- Workflow automation capabilities to streamline processes
- Analytical capabilities to collate timely, accurate information . Reports for providing better visibility into daily operations and take necessary actions
Talisma @ CIF
Talisma Digital Engagement Platform is being used by CIF’s contact centre to document the large volume of inbound and outbound calls on the centralized help desk number. It is integrated with a third party telephony solution. The platform arms agents with intelligent insights to identify the city, state, telephony network service provider and other critical details of the caller based on just the caller Id. It enables agents to use multilingual, issue-specific, dynamic, calling scripts to converse. Talisma’s platform efficiently captures call notes, disposition codes and case details.
The platform offers actionable insights by monitoring and analysing the key performance indicators. These include interaction volumes across different time spans, interaction status across regions, teams, service executives, call type and sub-type counts.
- The platform is robust, scalable and has empowered CCC by better collaboration, monitoring and tracking.
- It’s reporting capabilities have improved visibility of day-to-day operations for senior management. It helped them focus on key issues for faster decision making
- Better monitoring, tracking and visibility to the Senior management
- Seamless collaboration across different teams for faster resolution improving the overall experience
- ‘Hello Childline’ bags Best House Journal (First Prize) at PRSI Annual National Awards 2015
- ‘KOMAL’ wins 62nd National Film Awards as Best Educational Film
- CIF awarded Public Relations Council of India (PRCI) Corporate Collateral Awards and Chanakya Awards 2015
- CIF bags ‘Gold’ at prestigious Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) Awards 2014; another milestone in our journey
- CIF wins prestigious PRSI National Awards 2014 for the second time!
- CIF bags the NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Award 2014!
- ‘Komal’ wins FICCI (BAF) Awards, 2014
The way ahead
CHILDLINE has been able to capture real time data and analyze calls and trends at micro and macro level. While the CHILDLINE contact officers are on call, scripts are referred to them in regional languages. Authorized persons can also hear the call recording through an URL stored in Talisma Platform provided by the third party. Compatibility to integrate with other software makes the platform unique. It helps CTI to identify the circle, state and city name of the incoming calls to the Contact Centre.