Talisma Platform Helped InterMiles Effectively Manage Their Customer Interactions and Improve Resolution Time Across Multiple Teams for a Better Customer Experience and Increased Agent Productivity.
Introduced in 1994, the InterMiles programme has grown to become one of the most trusted and respected service brands in the world. From a mere frequent flyer programme to a globally-acclaimed, award-winning loyalty and rewards programme, it has come a long way in the past decade.
InterMiles ensures members always travel in a world of benefits and privileges. It rewards members with JPMiles every time they travel with InterMiles or transact with its programme partners. The partner network has over 150 members, including Etihad Airways.
Members were provided with 2 email aliases to communicate with InterMiles for service and redemption related issues. All this was managed through Microsoft outlook mailbox. The mailbox was configured for both receiving and responding to email communications.
The team leader then had to go to each of the folders created by agents to decide on further course of actions. He then forwarded the emails to individual agents for resolution.
The department was manually measuring agent response metrics, instead of ticket resolution metrics. Many teams had to collaborate to resolve customer tickets. These teams included InterMiles, InterMiles Service, Cargo, Reservation and MHB.
Earlier, InterMiles was using Outlook to manage email communication and CRIS as their core CRM. There was no integration between Outlook and CRIS to sync customer tickets. This resulted in a lot of manual and time-consuming steps to be performed by the agent.
InterMiles had also vetted other email management products before finally deciding on Talisma. Talisma had a long relationship with InterMiles management team while pursuing this deal. References and recommendations from existing customers, particularly in BFSI, helped Talisma’s cause.
The implementation was complex, and involved many teams. InterMiles wanted a partner and technology provider to work with them for this. Talisma had a proven robust platform with lot of OOTB features which enabled easy integration with CRIS core system. At the same time, the platform significantly reduced manual interventions.
InterMiles currently uses Talisma email management platform to manage and measure customer emails. Talisma platform is also integrated with CRIS core team to cut redundant and manual steps performed by team leads and agents.
Teams across InterMiles and InterMiles (InterMiles, InterMiles Service, Cargo, Reservation and MHB) use the Talisma platform.
InterMiles and Talisma worked together to overcome many implementation and technical challenges. Post-implementation, which is the most critical phase was also handled efficiently. The diligence of the Talisma onsite team helped stabilize the platform and improve adoption.
Talisma, with its functional and technical expertise, installed this complex deployment involving many teams and systems.
- Auto-assignment and auto-reservation capabilities reduce the effort required by team leads. The team leads will have to otherwise go through each email and assign it to different users.
- Load sharing among team members is completely automated.
- Agent productivity has improved significantly. Features such as canned responses, auto acknowledgment communications, etc. have fuelled the improvement.
- Reports help to monitor the team’s performance, resolution time and customer communication TAT metrics.
- Escalation matrix is configured both at the interaction/ ticket level as well as individual internal team level.
- Reduction of time consuming manual activities and automating email triage and load sharing.
- Eliminated duplication effort of updating the same details in two different systems.
- Increased agent productivity significantly.
- Generation of reports to manage and measure the team’s performance and quality of communication.
- Bringing transparency to management team and individual teams about customer service/satisfaction process.
Benefits in Numbers:
- Improvement in agent performance by 30%, thus helping them handle more customer communications.
- Significantly reduced manual activities performed by team lead and agents.
- Helped to track customer resolution time rather than customer response time. This shifted the service agent’s mindset to measuring a more impactful metric.
Unable to find the escalation Matrix in intermiles as you mentioned. Can you please share the same?